Eileen's Age:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

William's Age:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 8, 2012

Parents of the Year


On Wednesday, we had Eileen's 18 month checkup.

Big girl playing with her sand table!
She was GREAT!  She is 35.5" tall and weighed in at 26.8 lbs.  Our little girl is off the charts in height (she's over the 100th percentile) and she's in the 77th percentile in weight.  Also, after a little bribery with suckers, she was a doll and was so sweet for Dr. Powell.  

TALL baby... who has dragged everything out of its place and destroyed the living room!
We went through all of the different milestones for 18 month olds and realized that Eileen met or exceeded each and every one.  David and I were feeling REALLY good about our parenting and were patting ourselves on the back for a job well done.

Eileen is very interested in brushing her teeth.
And she loves to feed herself.  She feeds herself A LOT.  No wonder her appetite's been so big... she's grown TWO INCHES since March!
But you know...

Pride cometh before the fall.

David went to buckle Eileen into her car seat and I started the car remotely so that the air conditioning would get going and everything would be nice and cool for our little Eileen.  To start the car remotely, you push the "LOCK" button and then hit the car start button twice.  David got Eileen settled as I threw the keys into the front seat and ran back into the doctor's office to retrieve one more thing.  

When I came out, David had a frown.  He'd shut the two open doors and Eileen and the keys were locked inside the car.  The car was running, but I was *THIS CLOSE* to having a full meltdown.  MY TODDLER WAS LOCKED IN THE CAR IN THE SUMMER IN THIS ALABAMA HEAT!!!  We were lazy and hadn't yet programmed the keyless entry code on the door!  DISASTER!

While I searched for something heavy with which to break the car window, David calmly dialed the local ford dealership where we had bought our car.  In under ten minutes, they cut us a new key to unlock the door and drove to the doctor's office to rescue Eileen!  YAY!  
I'm so CUTE!  Can you believe they'd lock me in a car????  In the summer?
Disaster was averted and I am so grateful for David's calm demeanor.  And for the fact that there was nothing around with which I could have smashed the passenger window of my car.  And I'm incredibly grateful to Sales Ford (especially to Randy and Curtis), who wasted no time in helping us!

(They also helped us set up the keyless entry pad on the outside of the driver's side door.  You know, so we won't have to call them again...)

2 comments:

EP Stallworth said...

As a fully grown adult, I find it disconcerting that the child I babysat (I won't revisit that in my mind.) will be taller than me by the time she's two.

Miss you guys!!

Little Blue House said...

So hilarious Emily! I would have been doing the same thing... praise the Lord the car was running! She is such a doll!!