Eileen's Age:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

William's Age:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Twenty-One Months Old

Today, Eileen is twenty-one months old.  Only three more months until she's two!

Eileen is into everything.  That's why I haven't been posting- she's disabled my "good" camera, and then she dumped grape Kool-Aid all over my MacBook.  It has just been too inconvenient to write decent posts without a camera or a computer.

Eileen's vocabulary has exploded.  She can say so many words now!  She counts to ten (but always skips the number 1), she can kind of say some of her ABCs, and she loves to read books.  Favorite books include Dr. Seuss's ABCs, Are You My Mother, and Goodnight Moon.

She climbs on everything, and she loves to jump on the bed. Any bed.

Eileen now insists on picking out her own outfits.  It's a battle I rarely choose to fight, but when I do have to insist that she wear something that actually matches, it can lead to a full-on tantrum.  The most difficult thing about letting Eileen pick her clothes right now is trying to get her to understand that she only needs one shirt and one pair of pants at a time.

And today, my little girl got into the fire tools.  And got soot all over herself.  I started laughing, then she started laughing.  And soot got everywhere.  Great.



Happy 21 Months to Eileen!

No comments: