Eileen's Age:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

William's Age:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tennessee Visit

Last weekend, we all made a visit to Tennessee.  I have to confess, I didn't take many pictures at all.  I was way too busy catching up with everyone.
Eileen holding court in the middle of the living room at Mammaw's.
We got there at 10:30 pm on Thursday night (we left after David got off work).  My dad played with Eileen until 1am.  Then my mom wanted to see her on Friday morning before she went to work, so Eileen was up by 7:30am.  She was tired, but SO happy and SO spoiled.



On Friday night, Mammaw cooked a birthday dinner for me.  She made Eileen's favorite meal, dumplins!
Posing with my cake.  And my candles.  "29"
Eileen and me sharing cake
Eileen and me with her dinner plate.  She had her eye on those dumplins.  The bib Eileen is wearing was made for me by Mammaw.
Dumplins make Eileen a HAPPY kid.  A very happy kid.  She ate two plates full!

What else does Eileen love?  Aunt Amy!  Once Amy got her, she wouldn't come back to me.  She is obsessed with her Aunt Amy.
Eileen chilling out with Amy, drinking sweet tea

She even held Amy's hair for comfort!

We got up on Saturday and went to see my Papa and Sittie in Nashville.  This is where I really failed at taking pictures- so many aunts, uncles, and cousins were there that I got distracted by visiting.  Oops!

Eileen napping on the way to Nashville
Zoom in... look at that hair!
Papa had just started taking his Chemotherapy pills.  He looked good.  He did get tired more often than usual, but he is still sharp as a tack- the brain surgery and tumor have not affected his mental capabilities at all (we are so grateful for this!).   When Papa was sitting down, you couldn't tell that he'd had surgery or that he is currently battling cancer- he looked like his old self.  He was a little weak sometimes when he walked, but considering the situation, he is doing remarkably well!
Eileen is obsessed with Papa's fish!

Trying to pet the fish
We all spent the night with Aunt Diane and Uncle Lee.  They even kept Eileen while David and I went to Mass on Sunday morning.  She was so happy that she didn't even cry when we left!  Aunt Diane fed Eileen grits, which are apparently another favorite food.  She ate the grits Aunt Diane fed her, and then she ate my grits!  There is no doubt that Eileen is a Southerner.
After Sunday lunch at Sittie and Papa's, we loaded up and headed home to Beatrice.  We stopped at SaZa in Montgomery for supper.  There, Eileen ate an entire bowl of child's pasta, part of a piece of pizza, and a bread stick.  She also made quite a mess (which David and I tried to clean up).  Thankfully, we had the sweetest waitress ever!


Seeing everyone was great, and we're going to try to do it again soon!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Looks like a fun trip! I hate we missed y'all in Montgomery! :(