Eileen's Age:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

William's Age:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 25, 2011

Eight Months Old

On Friday, July 22, Eileen turned EIGHT MONTHS OLD!

Eileen lunging for Mommy and her camera
It seems like just yesterday that I was doing her seven month old post.  This month has flown by!
Eileen weighed 20 lb., 10 oz and is wearing size 12 month clothes.
She is crawling (it's more of a scoot, but it works) everywhere.  She never sits still, which explains the lack of any cute, posed pictures.

Eileen can pull herself up to standing.

She's gotten past her separation anxiety.  Eileen is back to being a very friendly, very curious little girl.
Eileen and Daddy


Curious girl crawled under the ottoman... and got stuck!
I can't pinpoint why I feel this way, but it seems that this month has been the most dramatic as far as the changes that Eileen has undergone.  It has become clear that I will not be the mommy of a baby much longer- Eileen is quickly becoming a little girl!

Eileen and Mamaw

She has opinions.  She has a will.  And she is STUBBORN!

My dad playing with Eileen
Eileen likes to "talk."  She babbles loudly, and she babbles often.  Eileen really seems to enjoy the sound of her voice.
Eileen and my dad
This month, we had some sleep problems.  For about two weeks, Eileen and I were up every hour throughout the night.  Ugh.  In the past five days, things seem to have improved.  I think that her little mind was developing so rapidly this month that she could not sleep well (that's my completely unscientific, non-medical justification for why my child would not sleep opinion).
Ready for bed
Mamaw rocking Eileen at bedtime
It has been a wonderful month and David and I cannot wait to see what Eileen will do next!

No comments: