Eileen's Age:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

William's Age:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tropical Storm Lee

For Labor Day weekend, my family drove to Gulf Shores to spend time with us Eileen.
Caught with the WHOLE bag of chips!
Playing with Daddy's computer
My parents wanted to play with the baby and my sister was looking forward to forgetting about Dental School for a few hours while she soaked up the sun.

My mom feeding Eileen 

My dad feeding Eileen.  She likes to eat.


On Thursday, Amy called and said "there's a hurricane."


I'd heard nothing about it.  I thought she was joking.


Eileen hiding from the storm

Turns out, Tropical Depression 13 had spontaneously formed in the Gulf of Mexico!  These things usually form off the coast of Africa and cross the Atlantic.  But it's been so hot that a Tropical Depression formed in the Gulf of Mexico.  Ugh.


Eileen with Amy and me (please forgive my wet hair)
Thursday was beautiful, and David, Eileen, and I left for the beach that afternoon.  Mom, Dad, and Amy arrived on Thursday night.  Friday morning was cloudy, and by lunch the rain had begun to fall.  By Friday afternoon, Tropical Depression 13 had become Tropical Storm Lee.

So we spent the weekend huddled in the beach house, watching the rain fall Eileen.  Amy was a little disappointed to have missed the sun, but Eileen thoroughly entertained everyone.

My dad explaining the finer points of the game of football to Eileen.
"Feed me!"

Eileen also watched her first Auburn game of the season.  Auburn looked terrible, but they managed to win in the end.




And this week has been sunny, beautiful, and cool.  By cool, I mean that highs are only in the mid-80s.

Even though we weathered Tropical Storm Lee (pun intended), it was a great Labor Day weekend!

No comments: