Eileen's Age:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

William's Age:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sick Baby

Since we got home on Sunday, Eileen had been acting a little "off."

She was tugging at her left ear and just didn't seem like her normal, happy self.

Almost a smile

On Tuesday, I couldn't get her to smile.  Not once.  And she slept a lot.






I wondered if Eileen had an ear infection, but she never ran a high fever and she didn't act like she was in pain.  Everyone kept telling me that if there was an infection, she'd be in pain and she'd let me know it.

David's Aunt Lisa came by on Wednesday.  She has five kids (and therefore knows a LOT about children), so I asked her about Eileen's symptoms.  Aunt Lisa said that her son Hudson never cried when he had ear infections.

This is Eileen after taking antibiotics.
Before we saw the doctor, she was kind of the opposite of her  usual, happy self.

That was all I needed to hear.  I made an appointment with Dr. Powell, who confirmed that Eileen had an infection in her left ear.  Poor baby.

Eileen is taking amoxicillin (the yummy pink kind that tastes like bubblegum--- but Eileen doesn't like it very much) and she already seems to be on the mend.

Reading "Johnny Tractor" with her daddy
I hate that Eileen is sick, but I've enjoyed the cuddles.

Sick baby cuddling with Mommy
Oh, my baby weighed 18 lb, 10 oz at her appointment!  My big girl was angry when Dr. Powell looked in her ears, but she quickly cheered up when Dr. Powell told her what a pretty baby she is.  What a ham!

Feeling better and "talking" on her play cell phone... just like Daddy does!


1 comment:

Paige said...

bless her heart - she is the OPPOSITE of how I was with all my ear infections when I was little !!!! Glad she is better - miss her and y'all already :(