Eileen's Age:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

William's Age:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sleep, Baby, Sleep!

Everyone knows that parents of babies don't sleep much.

However, some babies sleep better than others.

Eileen was sleeping solidly through the night by six weeks old.  I remember thinking smugly to myself, "I don't know what those other parents are doing so wrong, but David and I have this thing figured out."

Eileen snoozing on her teddy bear play mat
And then at four months, Eileen decided to STOP sleeping through the night.  In fact, she started waking up every 2-3 hours.  Ugh.

Getting Eileen settled into her crib

Rocking Eileen to sleep

Heavy eyelids...

But trying so hard to stay awake
We're getting a little better- she's sleeping in four-hour blocks most of the time- but a good, solid night's sleep is a distant memory for David and me.

Why sleep when daddy will play all night?
We are going to try to establish a bedtime routine for Eileen.  In the meantime, we've taken several adorable pictures.

Daddy looks sleepy...
Eileen does not


In her PJs... but not asleep
It's a good thing she's so cute.  Otherwise this sleep deprivation thing might get to us.


FINALLY!

2 comments:

Little Blue House said...

Oh no! Don't tell me this!! Claire started sleeping 5, 6, and now even 7 hours at 4 wks. You just never know when things will change. I hope the routine works for you!

Stephanie said...

She's so adorable, I can't say it enough! Sleep will come soon enough. You look like y'all are doing a great job though.