Eileen's Age:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

William's Age:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The First Few Weeks at Home

We were discharged from the hospital on Thanksgiving day.

David, Eileen and me with Dr. Powell on the day we were discharged to go home

The gown that Eileen wore home from the hospital was the same one that her daddy wore home when he was born.  Eileen's Mumsie (David's mom Allison) made it


Eileen's grandparents couldn't wait to come over and hold her. 

Eileen and her Sittie (Stephanie Page)

Eileen with her Sittie and Papa (Tommy Page)

Mumsie (Allison Steele) holding Eileen

Aunt Amy holding Eileen at the hospital before we left

My parents (Stephanie & 
Tommy Page) holding Eileen

David's parents (David & Allison Steele) holding Eileen

Chichi & Deda (Patricia & Jerry Steele) came over to see their great granddaughter
Great grandparents Memommy & Grandaddy Don (Rochelle & Don Herring) came to the hospital when we got to come home.

On the Saturday after we got to come home, my mom came back to stay for a week.  She was a huge help.

My mom with Eileen before we left for Eileen's one-week checkup.  Eileen gained 14 oz. in the 5 days between our leaving the hospital and going to see the doctor!

Mom and I really enjoyed playing dress-up with the new baby: 

Eileen in a day gown from the Noahs


Eileen in a dress smocked with Santa from the Coxwells 

Eileen doing the dance from "Thriller"

My mom and Eileen

Eileen modeling the Christmas gown smocked with Holly that I bought her

 My dad insisted on driving my mom to Beatrice so he could see Eileen again:


He also brought my Mamaw, Ilene Page.  Eileen was named for her:




My dad (in back), Mamaw, Eileen, and me

My dad went back to Tennessee on Sunday.  The next Friday, he returned to Beatrice for the weekend to pick up my mom.  He also brought my Aunt Patti.

Eileen really liked her- she even got a smile!


Eileen also got to meet Mabel.  Mabel helped to raise David and his brother Thomas.  Eileen already loves Mabel... and so does Eileen's mom because Mabel can get her to calm down when nobody else can.

We also discovered that David is REALLY good at swaddling.  He also picked out Eileen's hat (a gift from Mrs. Elizabeth Moseman and Mrs. Margaret Brown):


My mom, David, Eileen, me, and my dad.  I look REALLY tired.  And scared... This was right before my mom left to go home.  I was going to be on my own with Eileen! 

 I got a picture that I really, really wanted, but NEVER thought that I'd get.  It's Eileen Patricia Steele with the great grandmothers for whom she was named- Ilene Page & Patricia Steele:

Ilene Page, baby Eileen Patricia, and Patricia Steele

No comments: