Eileen's Age:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

William's Age:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Eileen's Baptism


On Saturday, Eileen was baptized at St. Elizabeth's Catholic Church in Greenville.  Father Tony was excellent, and Eileen behaved like a perfect little lady.

My parents arrived on Friday evening and we ate dinner at Gaines Ridge.  The Catholics in the family (my mom, my sister, and me) had seafood.  David and my dad had steak.  I was kind of envious, but everything was absolutely delicious!
Dressed for dinner

We started our Saturday morning with breakfast at Finklea's.  Eileen weighed 15.0 lbs on the seed scale.

My dad and Eileen


After breakfast, Eileen needed a nap.  She fell asleep in her swing.


Eileen got dressed in a pretty blue Feltman gown for the drive to Greenville for her Baptism.

Eileen and her Aunt Amy/godmother
 When we arrived at the church, Eileen's grandmothers helped her to get dressed for her baptism.




Eileen's baptismal gown was made by David's mom.  She does French hand sewing and began making the dress before she knew that David and I were expecting.  The lace bonnet was a Stallworth family bonnet (David's great grandmother was a Stallworth).  Eileen wore the gold cross that David's mom wore to her Christening, and Eileen's gold bracelet was given to my mom by her parents when she was born.  I made Eileen a pair of very frilly crocheted booties, and she was held in a beautiful white baby blanket that my mom's mom (my Sittie, Delores Wehby) made for Eileen.


My sister Amy is Eileen's godmother.  Eileen's godfather is David's brother Thomas.

David, me, Thomas, and Amy




Eileen with Father Tony, her parents, and her godparents

 Most babies cry throughout their baptisms.  Eileen just slept.  She was an angel.








If we look a little sweaty, please know that we were.  It was 88º on March 19- the last day of winter.
David's family with Eileen
My family with Eileen

David and me with Eileen


Our wonderful friends Leslie and Robert Pitman came to Eileen's Baptism

Eileen with her godparents- Aunt Amy & Uncle Thomas

David's parents with Eileen

My parents with Eileen
After the baptism, everyone came to the Sanders House in Beatrice for a reception.  David and I cannot express how much we appreciate so many of our friends and family being there with us on such a special day.  It was absolutely perfect!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

So glad we were able to come!