Eileen's Age:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

William's Age:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Illness at Casa Steele

On a not-great note, we've had a little illness at the Steele house.

Eileen and I both have staph infections.  It's no fun, but she seems to be in pretty good spirits.  We went to see Dr. Williams this morning, and she gave us some medicine.  It looks like everything is going to be okay, but I have to keep an eye on Eileen.
Eileen pulled her pacifier out with her left hand and promptly inserted her right thumb into her mouth.
This little girl is determined to be a thumb-sucker!

Eileen napping with her ball rattle after we got home from her doctor's appointment


On a much happier note, I've had another week of Weight Watchers success- I lost 1.5 pounds this week.  I'm losing slowly, but I've lost an average of 1.6 pounds per week.  While I wish that there was some "magic bullet" that would enable me to lose all of the baby weight in a week or two, I can honestly say that Weight Watchers new Points Plus program is very easy to follow- I have yet to be hungry, and I'm losing weight even though I went out to dinner twice last week (and even had some cheesecake!).  I still have a long way to go, but I've lost a total of 4.9 pounds in three weeks.  It's a good start, and I've had several people remark that they can tell that I've lost weight.

Eileen and her mom and her mom's DIET Coke.
Also, Eileen hates to wear hats.

Yesterday, it was cold again (in the upper 30s!).  Nonetheless, David and I began to work on our vegetable garden.  I started my tomatoes and peppers indoors, and David poisoned the grass on our garden site.  We still have a huge tree that fell right in the middle of where our garden is going to be, but we're making progress!

Me watering the potted seeds

David with Eileen right before he went out to poison the grass currently growing in our garden.
And I have to share this picture just because.

It's one of my favorite Eileen pictures thus far.


4 comments:

Paige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paige said...

I love the expression in the one of her and David - On another note, I'm wimping out and buying started tomato plants this year - think Mammaw will pull my "Country Girl" card ? lol ---- Paige

Emily Steele said...

No shame in buying started tomato plants!

I would buy them except (1) I'm being cheap and (2) I am growing several unique heirloom brands and I can't buy the started plants where I live.

Leslie said...

Get well EPS's! And good luck with the garden! If you end up with an excess of heirloom tomatoes, I'll be happy to take them off your hands!