Eileen's Age:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

William's Age:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

So, It's Been a While...

...since my last post.

I have a very good excuse.

Eileen has finally figured out that I'm mommy, and she doesn't want me to put her down.

BFF
Which makes it very difficult to get anything done.  Including blogging.

I'm flattered.  And I'm tired.  I love that my baby loves me, but I want her to love everyone else too.
Eileen looking like her daddy
We left Wednesday night for Tennessee.  We made the trip to my home in record time: 5 hours, 15 minutes.  And Eileen slept the entire way.  We went up for my friend Lane's wedding, and we got to visit family and friends all weekend!
David the morning after our overnight drive to Tennessee
On Thursday, we visited with my family.  Specifically, we went to see my Mammaw and Pappaw.  Mammaw is "Big Ilene".
Mammaw (Ilene) and Eileen

Eileen with Pappaw and Mammaw


Thursday night, Eileen experienced her first thunderstorm and tornado warning.  My mom, Eileen, and I went down to the basement.  My dad and David were across the county playing basketball.  I was afraid that Eileen would be frightened by the thunder, but she slept through the whole thing.

Eileen and my mom weathering the storm
Friday, we visited with everyone and then David and I attended Lane and Mark's rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.  Everything was lovely- and it was the longest I have ever been away from Eileen.  My parents kept her for the six hours I was away from her.  Eileen had a great time, and David and I had fun as well.

Eileen and Uncle Tony
Eileen stretched out in her pack n' play while David and I went to the wedding rehearsal
On Saturday, Eileen and I got up early to go to Lane's Bridesmaid's Breakfast.
Lane, the beautiful bride

Eileen wasn't quite ready to wake up for the day.
Eileen snoozing with Rob and Kirk's old teddy bear during the breakfast
Lane and the breakfast hostesses
Lane, me, and Jessica (who's expecting a little boy in May!)
Lane with the flower girl and bridesmaids
I spent most of the afternoon and evening with the wedding party while my Aunt Patti kept Eileen.  They got along famously.
Aunt Patti and Eileen
On Sunday, we drove to Nashville to see my mom's parents (Sittie & Papa).  Eileen got to see so many of her great-aunts and her cousins.  She LOVED it.  I didn't get a picture of Papa holding Eileen because both times he got her, she had a dirty diaper and was quickly returned to her mommy.  Silly girl!

My cousin Lily, who is three, loved the baby girl.

Great Sitti with Eileen and Lily

Great Sittie with Eileen and Lily
Her twin brother Charlie wasn't so sure... 

Charlie, Great Sittie, Eileen, and Lily
Aren't Lily & Charlie cute?  


Eileen with her great Aunt Teri

Eileen with her great Aunt Jane

Eileen with my cousin Delores

Eileen with her great Uncle Robert
When we finally got back to Beatrice, we were exhausted.  And our travels disrupted Eileen's sleep, so she hasn't slept through the night all week!  Which is why I haven't posted...

No comments: